Started: April 5, 2014
Finished: May 23, 2014
Yarn/yardage used: Skaska Designs 50/50 Merino & Silk, about 600 yards (I still have over half a skein left).
Beads: 24 size 8/0 ice-blue silver-lined beads left over from the Nouveau Beaded Capelet.
Beaded cast-on: Surprisingly fiddly. I couldn't manage to get the beads consistently showing on the right side.
This project was difficult for me. I'm not sure why. It's a lace pattern, which I love, using yarn that I love, on sharp slick lace needles that I love. Maybe it was the unmemorizable pattern. Maybe it was the fact that it was rectangular. Maybe it was the time limit, or that I had sset myself a strict goal of sixteen rows every day.
I finished knitting a full week behind schedule, though still well before it was actually needed. It sat for a few days before I bought another set of blocking boards and borrowed blocking wires from Amy.
On the day I finished, which was also Bandit's and my third anniversary, I gave myself permission to buy more yarn and start new projects, as a reward. Given that just a few weeks ago I was saying I needed to cut down on the number of WIPs in order to feel better... that may have been slightly counterproductive.
I do feel a lot better now that this is off the needles. I might even grow to like it now that I'm not responsible for knitting it anymore.