Saturday, June 30, 2012

AAAAAH

I just saw a silverfish run across the carpet.

Well, this isn't really new. My parents' place has had the occasional silverfish for, oh, at least ten years. Every summer I'd see about one a week, and I'd manage to capture and flush the little buggers at least half the time.

I got a tissue and squished this one. It didn't even try to run. This never used to be so easy. Clearly an effect of the artificial selection pressure disappearing after I moved out. Individuals were no longer selected for crazy zigzag scurrying.

So I got up to flush it, and that's when it hit me.

Silverfish eat wool.

My bags of roving have been sitting on the floor here in an open plastic bag for a year.

Off to fumigate everything forever.

(P.S. I refrained from adding pictures of silverfish to this post. You're welcome.)

No comments:

Post a Comment